Pedestal Mounted Stinger System, ZIPKIN, is a fully automated firing unit using Stinger missiles for very short range air defense. The main mission of Low Level Air Defense System ZIPKIN is the low level air defense of fixed locations of strategic importance, like radar, air bases and harbors. Besides autonomous operation, the system architecture of ZIPKIN provides coordinated operation with C3I System and other air defense assets.
ZIPKIN, on which Stinger as well as other types of missiles can be mounted, can be adapted to different platforms. ZIPKIN, for which Land Rover Defender 130 is used as transport platform, includes two personnel as gunner and driver (gunner assistant).
System’s fire control computer has a flexible architecture to be adapted to future needs with respect to its hardware and software.
• Very short range air defense capability against fixed and rotary wing aircrafts, UAV’s and cruise missiles
• Four ready to fire Stinger missiles
• Integrated 12.7 mm machine gun
• Modular turret, mountable on a variety of platforms
• Target identification by IFF
• Passive surveillance, acquisition and tracking sensors, incorporated TV and thermal cameras
• Multi-pulse laser range finder
• Detachable operating panel for remote operation up to 50 meters
• Eliminates external effects and operator mis-performance
• Autonomous or coordinated use
• Automated target tracking
• High fire power
• Very high hit probability
• Short reaction time
• Operable under all weather conditions
• Air transportable