The US State Department approved the sale of scout, assault and light support boats to Phillippines through Foreign Military Sales (FMS) at an estimated cost of $126 Million. Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) notified Congress of the proposed sale in July, 30.
Purchase demand with estimated cost of $ 126 million (Estimated costs that reported by the DSCA shows the maximum price, generally contract costs lower);
- 9M Scout Boats – 36
- 10M Assault Boats – 18
- 16M Light Support Boats – 36
- M240B 7.62x51mm machine guns along – 156
- M2A1.50 caliber machine guns – 24
- M134D-M 7.62x51mm 6-barrel rotary Gatling guns – 36
- AN/PVS-14 and AN/PEQ-15 – 399
- Handheld Thermal Imager Scope – 102
- AN/PAS-13 Thermal Sights – 210
- Harris Falcon III RF-7850M radios – 90
- Harris Falcon III RF-7850S radios – 270
The sale includes boat spare parts, spare engines and engine components, safety and rescue equipment, training, documents, engineering technical services and assistance, the US state and contractor engineering, logistics support services along with logistics programme support services.
Following the approved sales request, the Philippines will be able to sign an agreement with Willard Marine for reconnaissance and assault boats. The contractor of the light support boat will be determined by rivarly.