Rapid Deployable Amphibious Wet Gap Crossing System
The OTTER System is an amphibious bridge and ferry system designed for rapid and safe wide wet gap crossing operations.
With its diesel engine, automatic transmission, pneumatic suspension and hydraulic brake system, the OTTER can climb up to 50% gradient and move on 30% side slopes. The features of the OTTER when compared with the similar systems are; 8×8 drive system with all wheel steering, 4ea ramp carrying capacity, ballistic protected crew cabin and positive pressure NBC protection system. The vehicle also has front and rear cameras to enhance situational awareness and adjustable ride height control suspension system which provides a better maneuverability in cross country.
The OTTER has
two water pump jets that provides high maneuverability at water operations. The system can operate in water currents up to 2.5 m/s.
A single OTTER system in the ferry role can transport a MLC 21 tracked vehicle. MLC 85 T vehicles can be transported by combining 2 OTTER systems from their pontoons. MLC 120 W vehicles can be transported on rivers and lakes by coupling three OTTERs via the ramps deployed by its specially designed hydraulic crane.
A 150 m bridge that enables MLC 120 W and MLC 85 T vehicles to cross rivers can be formed by combining 12 OTTERs.
For specific missions numerous OTTERs can be coupled together to cross wider distances.
OTTER system is also fitted with a self-recovery winch, automatic fire suppression system, emergency anchor and easy fault detection with CAN-BUS system.
- Weight: 36.000 kg
- Engine: Diesel
- Transmission: Fully Automatic 6 Forward 1 Reverse
- Crew: 3
- Vehicle Classification: MLC 36
- Length: 13 m
- Width: 3.5 m
- Height: 4.1 m
- Ground Clearance: 0 to 65cm (Adjustable)
- Power Pack Compliant with NATO Single Fuel Concept Aviation: F34 Fuel, JP8
- Number of Axles: 4
- Driven Axles: All
- Steered Axles: All
- Transfer Box: 2 speed
- Suspension: Double Wishbone, Independent, Air Suspension
- Batteries 2 x 12 V, 120 Ah (C20)
- Alternators Brushless, Self Excite 2×140 A
- Service: Hydraulic with ABS at Each Wheel
- Parking: Integral to Driveline, Spring Activated, Hydraulically Released
- Tire Type: With Run Flat
- 2 Bay Ferry Payload (Max Single Load): MLC 85 T
- 3 Bay Ferry Payload (Max Single Load): MLC 120 W
- Bridge Payload (Max Single Load): MLC 85 T, MLC 120 W
- Max. Road Speed: 50 km/h
- Swimming (Loaded): 10 km/h (with 2 ea Pump Jets)
- Range: 600+ km
- Gradient: 50%
- Side Slope: 30%
- Vertical Obstacle: 0.50 m
- Trench: 2 m
- Turning Radius: 12 m (Centerline)