OMTAS is a medium range anti-tank weapon system, effective against armored threats on the battlefield. Its Imaging Infrared Seeker permits its use at day and night, and in adverse weather conditions. The OMTAS Weapon System is composed of a missile, launching platform and a fire control unit, carrying cases and training simulator.
The RF data link between the launcher and missile provides operational flexibility to the user. The missile can be used in fire-and forget or fire-and-update mode. The hitting point on the target can also be updated during flight.
With precision guidance and its armor piercing tandem warhead, OMTAS ensures effectivity against armored threats.
• Day-Night and All-Weather Operational Capabilities
• Effective Against Stationary and Moving Targets
• Capability of Target Update Enables:
– Update of Aim Point on the Target
– Switching Targets During Flight
– Fire Behind Mask
• Insensitive Munition Characteristics Against Fuel Fire and Bullet Impact
• Fire to the Target Coordinate
• Classroom and Embedded Simulators
• Modular Launching System
• TV/Thermal Camera Unit That Can Be Used Separately
OMTAS can be used from its own tripod or integrated onto land platforms with open or closed turrets.
|Weight||35 kg (Missile + Launch Tube)
36 kg (Tripod Platform)
|Range||200 – 4,000 m|
|Seeker||Imaging Infrared , Uncooled Type|
|Warhead Type||Tandem Against Reactive Armor
High Explosive Blast Fragmentation
|Attack Modes||Direct and Top Attacks|
|Sight Unit||TV/Thermal Camera|