KAPLAN MT is the result of joint efforts and cooperation between PT Pindad and FNSS in design, development, production, integration and testing.
Its unique design provides the lowest silhouette and highest power to weight ratio in its class. Its platform is designed for optimum weight and high mobility performance. Latest technology rear configuration power pack of the vehicle is combined with advanced electronic controlled systems, Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) and heavy-duty suspension, which enables the vehicle to ensure freedom of high, reliable and continuous power during expeditionary maneuvers on the battlefield for day and night operations. KAPLAN MT’s specific design for terrain configurations such as in South East Asia has been tested in challenging environmental conditions of Indonesia archipelago and achieved best results recorded for its class.
KAPLAN MT’s design architecture provides superior level of battlefield survivability which comprises advanced ballistic and best in class mine protection systems and adequate firepower against battlefield threats with great speed of response within a short period of time.
Interior of the vehicle is engineered carefully considering the ergonomics of the crew and different tactical and battlefield conditions including driving, firing and ammunition load/unload. KAPLAN MT is equipped with day and thermal cameras for driver, multi-functional digital driver dashboard, 3rd generation high performance sight system for gunner and commander. In addition Battlefield Management System (BMS) and Laser Warning System (LWS) is also available to provide tactical and situational awareness for the crew.
Unique Anti-Armored Punch
KAPLAN MT is fitted with the latest generation CMI Defence Cockerill® 3105 turret equipped with high-pressure 105 mm Cockerill® gun The Cockerill® C3105 is the most advanced and capable light 105 mm turret in its class. It is ideal for infantry support and light KAPLAN MT roles. The C3105 has a unique indirect firing capability that permits to engage in urban and multi-complex terrains.
- Engine: Diesel
- Transmission: Fully Automatic, 4 forward, 2 reverse gears
- Powerpack Position: Rear
- Crew: 3 (Driver, Gunner and Commander)
- Road Speed: 70 km/h
- Combat Weight: 30 tons
- Power/Weight Ratio: 24
- Gradient: 60%
- Side Slope: 30%
- Vertical Obstacle: 0.9 m
- Trench: 2.2 m
- Fording: 1.2 m
- Suspension: Torsion Bar with double or single pin track system
- Turning Radius: Pivot
- Cruising Range: 450 km
- Vision Systems: Commander and Gunner independent Thermal and
Day stabilized sights, plus direct-view periscopes, Gunner emergency direct-view sight, Thermal and Daytime cameras for driver.
- Fire Control: Digital fire control, fully stabilized fire on-the-move, hunter/killer and day + night capability, with high firstround hit probability
- User Interface: Multifunctional Digital Driver Dashboard
- Communication Equipment: Wireless Crew Intercommunication, UHF/VHF Radios, Battle Management Systems (BMS)
- Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) System: Yes
- CBRN System: Yes
- A/C System: Yes
- Automatic Fire Suppression: For crew and engine compartments
- Vehicle İnfrastructure: Can-Bus
- Navigation System: Yes
- Ballistic Protection: Stanag 4569, Modular design
- Mine Protection: STANAG 4569 (Tested and approved)
- Active Protection System: Optinonal (ASELSAN Pulat)
- Main Armament: CMI Cockerill® 3105 105 mm
- Ammunition: Main armament compatible with all NATO-standard 105 mm tank ammunition
- Weapons Elevation: +42º
- Secondary Armament: 7.62 mm or 12.7 mm Coaxial Machine Gun, Option: Roof-mounted remote weapon station or pintle-mounted Machine Gun, Smoke Grenade Launchers
- Autoloader: Fully Automatic, 12 ready-rounds capacity
- Acoustic Gunshot Detection System: Optional
- Laser Warning System: Optional