KALKAN-II is a mobile X band phased array 3D search and track radar for point and area defense of critical military and civilian assets. KALKAN-II offers an instrumented range of 120 km and can track multiple targets accurately, adding classification and identification information to each target track.
KALKAN-II is a phased array radar with multi-beam architecture optimized for search and track functions. The system employs advanced electronic protection measures; it uses digital pulse compression for high range resolution, low transmission power and pulse coding.
KALKAN-II is a compact and easy-to-use standalone radar system with sensor on a trailer towed by a tactical truck. The system includes built-in IFF, north finding sensor, two power generators, radio and GPS. KALKAN-II can send target and jammer reports to Command Control Systems over its radio and can receive commands from the C2 system. KALKAN-II is currently the main radar of the Turkish Armed Forces’ mobile Air Defense Early Warning and Command Control System (SKYWATCHER) and Medium Altitude Air Defense Missile System (HISAR-O).
• Point and area air defense of critical assets
• Integration to Air Defense Missile Systems & Command Control Systems or a radar sensor in self-operating mode
• 3D Detection and Tracking Fighters, Helicopters, Hovering Helicopters, Unmanned Air Vehicles (UAVs), Cruise Missiles
• Multiple target tracking
• Classification of targets
• Identification of targets with integrated Mode 5 IFF
• Jammer direction finding
• Remote operation with Command Control System
• Transportable with its own tactical truck having power and communication subsystems
• Operating Frequency : X-Band
• Instrumented Range : >120 km
• Target Track Capacity : >60
• Azimuth Coverage : 360°
• Elevation Coverage : -10° / +55°