The Platform Machine Gun PMT-76 / 57A developed by the Mechanical and Chemical Industry Corporation (MKEK), which is affiliated to the Ministry of National Defense, was taken into the inventory and put into Turkish Army( Mehmetçik) service.
In the statement made during the “Life of the Turkish Army(Mehmetçik) Strengthened with Domestic and National Technology”, it was stated that the Machine Gun PMT-76 / 57A was in the inventory.
In a previous statement, MKEK announced that the rifle was ready for duty.
“Platform Machine Gun PMT-76/ 57A is ready for duty! ”
The PMT-76/57A Platform Machine Gun, developed by MKEK with its own resources, was first exhibited at IDEF-19. It also successfully passed 27 different qualification tests.
PMT-76 / 57A Machine Gun:
- 650/950 beats/ minute
- PMT-76; Infantry and PMT-76T; Tank uses
- Full compatibility with ALTAY Main Battle Tank
- Successfully passed 27 different qualification tests
- Quick barrel replacement feature (QCB)
- Verified weapon life with 50 thousand shoot
- Ability to work in weather conditions between +71 and -51
- Fully compatible with the SARP Gun Tower