GOKDENIZ CIWS along with 35 mm Airburst Ammunition (ATOM) developed by ASELSAN is a close-in weapon system (CIWS) highly effective against anti-ship missiles. The system with the Automatic Linkless Ammunition Feed Mechanism allows loading both HEI and Airburst Ammunition at the same time and switching between ammunition types as needed.
In addition to anti-ship missiles, GOKDENIZ is also effective against helicopters, fighters, UAVs and asymmetric surface naval threats.
General Specifications of GOKDENIZ CIWS
- Effective operation at sea status 0 – 5 with stabilized gun turret
- Automatic Target Tracking with Integrated Tracking Platform including Tracking Radar and E/O Sensors
- 3-D Search Radar (Optional)
- Autonomous Operation Capability and Combat Management System integration
- High firing rate with 35 mm twin gun system (1100 rounds / min)
- Ability to load both Airburst and HEI ammunition and switch between ammunition types with Automatic Linkless Ammunition Feed Mechanism (ALAFM)
GOKDENIZ Sea Trials
- GOKDENIZ prototype was tested on Turkish Navy’s ship in May 2018.
- High speed target drone (>180 m/s) that represents an antiship missile
- Sea-skimming scenario
- Fully autonomous target detection, tracking and firing
- Kill at long range