GERGEDANTM Portable RCIED Jammer System is designed to protect convoys, VIP vehicles in motion and static infrastructure (e.g. Entry Control Points, High Value Assets, Checkpoints, Facilities) against the utilization of Radio Controlled Improvised Explosive Devices (RCIEDs), by jamming the communication between these devices and threats.
GERGEDANTM is a Software Defined Jammer utilizing the technique called “DDS-based FPGA-controlled Swept Jamming”. Thanks to its built-in in-theater-programming capability, GERGEDANTM can be easily configured to serve customer’s tactical and operational needs, by connecting to a standard laptop computer.
GERGEDANTM is a portable and vehicle independent system. It can be conveniently installed on any type of vehicle (e.g. SUV sized vehicles, military trucks, etc.) without any need of modification on the vehicle, and can be easily moved from a vehicle to another. Permanent or temporary mounting on the vehicles are possible.
GERGEDANTM is controlled by the Remote Control Unit (RCU). Continuous monitoring of the system status is achieved through the RCU’s display panel, providing the operator with the necessary information to operate the system; including, mode, status, alerts, power levels, battery power, temperature and faults. A System Control Unit which has the same functionality of the RCU is also provided on the system.
GERGEDANTM is capable to counter simultaneously the following threats;
• Amateur Radios, PMR, FRS Radios,
• Cordless Phones, DECT,
• ISM, WLAN Applications,
• Remote Control Equipments, Doorbells, Car Openers, etc.
• GSM 900, DCS 1800, 3G.
JAMMING SCENARIO Convoy / VIP Vehicle Protection Basic Features
• Single Unit Full Band Coverage in a Small Form Factor
• High Efficiency Multi-Band Power Amplifiers
• Fully Programmable State-of-Art Digital Frequency Synthesizer
• Built-in VSWR Protection
• Built-in Test Feature
• Control and Monitor of the System by the Remote Control Unit
• Compact System Architecture
– Small in size (65 cm x 65 cm x 65 cm),
– Light in weight compared to its high output power (jammer box is less than 60 kg)
Frequency Coverage : Configured to Customer Specific Requirements
Application Type : Convoy Protection / VIP Vehicle Protection Static Infrastructure Protection
Jamming Type : DDS-Based FPGA-Controlled Swept Jamming
Antenna Type : Omni-Directional Antennas
Power Source : Vehicle Alternator / Batteries
Weight : < 60 kg (Jammer Box)
Operation Time : > 1 hour (From Batteries) Continuous Operation with Additional Vehicle Alternator
Electric Field (SAR) : Compatible with ICNIRP standards (Human Safe)
(SAR : Specific Absorption Rate)
Operating Temperature : -30 °C ; +50 °C
Storage Temperature : -40 °C ; +60 °C
Other : Rugged Design, Compatible with MIL-STD 810 Environmental Conditions standards (Humidity, Rain, Dust, Shock, Vibration)
RCIED JAMMER SYSTEM (VEHICLE TYPE)
• User Defined and User Programmable, Flexible “Jamming Profile” Concept:
– Definition of Jammed Frequency Bands
– Definition of Banned Communication Channels/Bands
– Definition of Output Power Levels
• Jamming Profile Upload via Ethernet Interface / More than a hundred pre-defined Jamming Profiles can be stored
• No Need to Explain the Threats and Classified Scenarios to the Vendor
• Field Programmable
• Programming Software Runs on an External Standard Laptop
• Numerous Pre-defined Jamming Profiles Installation Option on the Remote Control Unit
Remote Control Unit Specifications
• Start-up via Password Entrance
• One-Touch to Transmit in All Bands Simultaneously
• Activation of the Band(s) Seperately
• Jamming Profile Selection
• Vehicle Independent or Vehicle Specific Solutions according to Customer’s Choice
– Integration on SUV sized vehicles, armored vehicles, military trucks, etc.
– No modification on the vehicle for Vehicle Independent Solution,
– The system is powered by batteries for Vehicle Independent Solution;
– Depending on the power supplied by the vehicle alternator, an additional vehicle alternator may be needed as part of vehicle specific solution.
– Additional modifications on the vehicle such as preparation of a suitable compartment for jammer box, integration of additional air-conditioner and EMC Shielding will be accomplished as part of Vehicle Specific Solution
GERGEDANTM Portable RCIED Jammer System is designed to protect convoys and VIP vehicles in motion against the utilization of Radio Controlled Improvised Explosive Devices (RCIEDs), by jamming the communication between these devices and threats.
Static Infrastructure Protection
Adverse uses of wireless technologies against critical infrastructure are widely diversified. ASELSAN’s Criticital Infrastructure Protection solution provide a comprehensive solution to the use of radio or cellular communications to control explosive devices. Customized solutions can be created to manage any organization’s security risks. GERGEDANTM provides configuration flexibility for the protection of infrastructure such as Entry Control Points, High Value Assets, Checkpoints and Facilities, against acts of terrorism using RCIED. With an elevated mast, GERGEDANTM antenna platform can be raised to a height of 3 meters for extended coverage. The system can be temporarily powered by high capacity Li-Ion batteries or from 220 VAC for continuous use.