The FIRTINA Howitzer, one of the most important weapon system for Fire Support Automation System (FSAS) of the Turkish Armed Forces, significantly enhances the firepower of Turkish Artillery.
“T-155 Self Propelled FIRTINA Howitzer Next Generation Fire Control System” combines fire control with fire direction and provides capability for rapid deployment, repositioning, preparation for firing, computerized fire management/control and integration to other fire support systems digitally in order to perform the missions fast, accurately and effectively. Fire Control System is comprised of units that are responsible for the processes that begin with a fire command via voice or data communication until the bullets leave the barrel. FIRTINA Howitzers have fulfilled many missions successfully to date. Next Generation Fire Control System” has been designed by ASELSAN with the new units and skills in compliance with the state of the art technologies and field experience of National Artillery Troops
- Ballistic Computer
- Inertial Navigation System
- Muzzle Velocity Radar
- Automatic Gun Barrel and Turret Drive System
- Automatic Projectile Loading System
- Ammunition Magazine System
- SARP Remote Control Weapon System
- Consoles for Commander, Gunner, Loader and Driver
- Day & Night Vision Driving System
- Automatic Gun Travel Lock
- Propellant Conditioning Unit
- Slip Ring.
- Auxiliary Power Unit
- Air Conditioning Unit
- Power Distribution Unit
- Fully-automated electrically driven servo-controlled gun and
turret system with high speed and precision
- Automatic projectile handling and loading system
- 12,7 mm machine gun and 155 mm main gun for direct firing
both day & night
- Execution of all artillery missions; including time on target,
fire for effect, precision registration fire and direct fire.
- Automatic measurement of gunpowder temperature and
inclusion in ballistic calculations.
- Enhanced Situational Awareness with Crewmans’ consoles
- Rapid deployment and repositioning
- Quicker stabilization between firing
- Rapid & accurate ballistic calculation using “NATO
Armament Ballistic Kernel (NABK)”
- Digital communication and interoperability with C4I System
- Colorful graphical and touch screen user interface with taskoriented and menu control.
- Safe Driving with day and night vision system