Koluman Automotive Industry, which started its R&D studies for the need of an 8×8 logistic support vehicle with an armoured cabin at the end of 2015, has introduced the DERMAN 8×8 Armoured Logistic Support Vehicle at the end of 2018. With its production infrastructure, KOE has the capacity to meet the 8×8 truck and tow truck requirements required by Turkish Armed Forces and NATO Armies for various special systems.
Koluman, whose priority is to meet the needs of the Turkish Armed Forces (TSK) in military projects, aims to offer the “DERMAN 8×8” vehicle to NATO armies.
- Extendable chassis length to meet requirements
- Crew capacity up to 5, including driver
- Ergonomic and safe seats
- Air suspended driver seat and rear passenger seats (Folding front right seat)
- Rifle assembly substructure on cab
- Front and rear NATO couplings
- Appropriate substructure for military devices and units such as ECM, radio-set, communication and command & control systems
- Wiring and harness in accordance with military standards
- Gel type military batteries
- Appropriate fuse and relay location to ease maintenance
- 5 mm textured rubber floor mats
- 25 mm thermal and acoustic insulation
- Armoured steel protected rear wall air vents
- Automatic digital air conditioner (STANAG 2895, DEF STAN 23-06)
- Substructure for mine blast protection (up to Level 3 a/b)
- Upgradeable ballistic glass
- Common cab design for Derman family
- ECE Reg. 29 impact and roll over finite ement analysis (FEA) were performed on the armoured cab structure. Reinforced sections have been placed at the intersection of all major body panels.
- Original cab is in accordance with STANAG 4569 L2 (7mm Armox 600T) and available to upgrade STANAG 4569 L3 & L4 (add-on composite armour plates).
- Ballistic test has been perfomed through cab cross-section icluding welded panel joints.
- 3 mm aramid spall liner is fitted behind cab structure to retin fragments and limit behind armour effects.
- Outstanding mobility at rough terrain conditions
- Superior driving control and mobility thanks to the steerable front axles
- Central Tire Inflation System (CTIS), adjustable during driving
- %60 gradient, %30 side slope ability 1400 mm trench crossing and 400 mm vertical step
- 750 mm unprepared fording
- Appropriate drive train for rough terrain conditions
- Locked differentials (longitudinal and transverse)
- Preheating system (cab, engine, battery, fuel line)
- Upgradeable Engine Options
- Upgradeable Fuel Tank Capacity
- Axle and wheelbase options for appropriate power/weight ratio