VERY SHORT RANGE AIR DEFENSE MISSILE SYSTEM INTEGRATION CAPABILITY INDEPENDENT OF THE PLATFORM AND MISSILE TYPE SHOOT-ON-THE-MOVE CAPABILITY
Pedestal Mounted Stinger System, ATILGAN, is a fully automated firing unit using Stinger missiles for very short range air defense.
The main mission of Low Level Air Defense System ATILGAN, is the low level air defense of stationary and moving forward troops, convoys and tactical bases in the battlefield. Besides autonomous operation the system architecture provides coordinated operation with C3I System. The Fire Control Computer has a flexible software/hardware infrastructure in order to meet the future mission requirements that may evolve.
The system has been used on a wheeled personel carrier FENNEK and an armored/tracked personnel carrier M113A2 and it is operated with a three-man crew the driver, the gunner and the commander.
• Very short range air defense capability against fixed and rotary wing aircrafts, UAV’s and cruise missiles
• 8 ready to fire Stinger missiles
• Integrated 12.7 mm machine gun
• Gyro-stabilized modular turret, mountable on a variety of platforms
• Target identification by IFF
• Passive surveillance, acquisition and tracking sensors, incorporated TV and thermal cameras
• Multi-pulse laser range finder
• Detachable operating panel for remote operation up to 50 meters
• Eliminates external effects and operator mis-performance
• Autonomous or coordinated use
• Automated target tracking
• High fire power
• Very high hit probability
• Short reaction time
• Operable under all weather conditions
• Fire on-the-move capability