Footage of Weapon Locating Radar (WLR) to enter the inventory of the Turkish Armed Forces were revealed.
Real images of WLR, one of the prominent projects among the radar systems developed by ASELSAN in line with the needs of the Turkish Armed Forces (TSK), were revealed as part of “ASELSAN New Systems Presentation and Facility Opening Ceremony”. In line with the needs of the Land Forces Command, the radar system will be supplied with indigenous and national resources and have a range of 100 km, and be equipped with an active electronically scanned array. The system was developed by ASELSAN.
According to the information revealed by Defence Turk, the WLR is planned to be delivered by the end of 2020.
The first contract regarding Weapon Locating Radars was signed between ASELSAN and SSM(Undersecretariat for Defence Industries in those years) in 2013, and in this context, SERHAT Mobile Counter Mortar Detection Radar was produced and delivered to the Turkish Armed Forces. Within the scope of the long-range Weapon Locating Radar Project ASELSAN signed in 2016, 9 Weapon Locating Radar (WLR) with long-range active electronically scanned arrays will be delivered to the Land Forces Command. Mobile tactical and platform generators used within the scope of the Weapon Locating Radar Project were produced by İŞBİR Elektrik.
Weapon Locating Radar (WLR)
ASELSAN detects enemy mortars, artilleries, and rocket launchers and accurately calculates point of impact and point of origin using state-of-the-art technology, immediately after calculating the location of the enemy weapon, this information is directly transferred to the Command of Control Centre in order to aid elimination of enemy troops.
- Detection of Mortar, Cannon and Rocket ammunition
- Calculation of point of impact and point of origin of Mortar, Cannon and Rocket ammunition
- Friendly unit fire adjustment
- Electronic scanning in elevation
- Silhouette Tracking Ability
- Quick and easy installation
- Mounted on vehicle: Two units of 10-Ton Class 6 × 6
Tactical Wheeled Vehicle
- Local and Remote-Controlled Operation Capability
- Transportable with A400
- Can be operated by 2 personnel
- Modular Design
- In-Device Testing Capability
- 24 Hours of Continuous Working Capability
- Solid-state Power Amplifier
- Digital Beam Creation
- High-Performance Signal and Data Processing Infrastructure
- Advanced signal and data processing algorithms
- Broadcast Frequency: S-Band
- Range: 100 km
- Target Classification
- Mortar / Cannon / Rocket
- Compliance with Military Standards (MIL-STD-810 G, MILSTD461F)