ASELSAN become highest R&D spender company in 2020, according to Turkishtime magazine “Top 250 highest R&D spender company”
Istanbul based media company Turkishtime conduct “R&D 250, Turkey’s top 250 highest R&D spender companies 2020″research. In this research ASELSAN with 3 billion and 356 million Turkish liras, R&D spending has become the top company that investing in research and development. Also, ASELSAN continues its leadership in a number of R&D projects by far with 749 projects.
In terms of R&D employment, with 5 thousand 264 personnel ASELSAN also leads others. Previously ASELSAN spends 2 billion 975 million Turkish liras so compared to 2019 ASELSAN increases R&D spendings by 380 million and 622 thousand Turkish liras.
ASELSAN Continue Growing in the First Quarter of 2021
ASELSAN’s 2021 first-quarter financial summary has announced. Although global economic shrinkage due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the company completed the first fiscal quarter with consistent growth and high profitability. ASELSAN’s 3-month turnover is increasing by 22% from the same period last year and reach 3,2 billion Turkish liras.
With a %24 increase in gross profit from last years first fiscal quarter, the company also managed to increase earnings before interest taxes depreciation and amortization by 23% and reached 761 million Turkish liras. Ebitda margin also increased 24%, above the expectations that forecasted 20-22% end of the last year. ASELSAN’s net profit also increased 34% from the same period last year and reached 1.2 billion Turkish liras. The company’s equity to total assets ratio is 56% and total backorders reached 9 billion US dollars.
ASELSAN is known for developing critical technical abilities with its own engineering capabilities and using them in its own products in addition to consistent R&D investments.