Presidency of Defense Industries released new videos about the 2020 defense industry activities on social media accounts. In the most recent Electronic Systems video, the ongoing delivery of the updated MILKAR-3A3 Electronic Attack System in 2020 was showcased.
MİLKAR-3A3 was seen among the domestic systems exhibited as part of the “ASELSAN New Systems Promotion and Facility Opening Ceremony” held with the attendance of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan in November last year.
Developed by ASELSAN for electronic attack operations, MILKAR-343 system is thought to have been actively used in the operations conducted across Syrian border.
MİLKAR-3A3 V/UHF Jamming System has been developed for electronic attack operations against V/UHF frequency band communication systems located on different platforms in the field. The System’s aim is to reduce or completely block target V/UHF communications and/or cause incorrect data transmission ensuring advantages friendly troops in tactical field. Accordingly, the System is successfully validated in the tactical field.
The System has a power amplifier subsystem which provides high power RF output on wide frequency band. Moreover, it uses its own exciter infrastructure with very high exciter tuning/sweep speed and a wideband receiver unit with wide instantaneous bandwidth. Owing to these technologies, the System gained reactive jamming capability. Thus, it can apply effective jamming against the target frequency hopping signals in the field.
Electronic Support (ED) capability has been added to the system to support jamminh in order to search, capture, detect and record basic parameters of target broadcasts. Mission Planning Software with analysis capability is used in the system for support to increase mixing efficiency. The System is divided into two vehicles with lower and upper frequency bands. According to customer needs and vehicle selection, it is possible to offer one vehicle-solution. All equipment including power generator, air conditioner are integrated on a high-mobile shelterized 4×4 vehicle platform. The System has the capability to change its position in a few minutes after finishing the operation. Moreover, the System could function independently of the platform. According to the customer’s needs, the System could be integrated on different platforms.
• V/UHF Frequency band coverage
• Analog/Digital Jamming signals
• Different types/modes of Electronic Attack
• Wide barrage jamming bandwidth (Adjustable)
• Effective against FHSS (Frequency Hopping Spread
• Effective against DSSS (Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum)
• Effective against GPS and Satellite signals
• Audio/IF recording capability
• Blocked frequencies/ frequency bands to protect allied
• Software-based digital radio
• Suitable for Remote Control Infrastructure
• Coordinated operation with command control center
• Automatic antenna mast
• Automatic antenna orientation and polarization adjustment
• Advanced BIT (Built-in-Test) capability
• Single operator usage, quick set up & tear down, high
mobility on rough terrain
• Military Standards (MIL-STD-810F, MIL-STD-461/464)
• User friendly Graphical User Interface (GUI)
• Efficient Mission Planning Tool
• Ability to analyze the RF propagation on a real terrain,
• Ability to calculate the jamming effectiveness to find the
optimum jammer location and jammer power.
• Offline Signal Analysis Tool
• Target and Jamming Techniques Libraries
• Reactive jamming capability against frequency hopping
• High power and efficient amplifiers
• Narrowband/wideband receiver capabilities (Scan/
• High exciter tuning speed (<100 ns)
• Orientable directional jamming/ monitoring antennas with