ANCA-2020 drill, conducted under the supervision of NATO observers, was successfully completed.
In the statement made by the Ministry of National Defense about the exercise, it was noted:
“The ANCA-20 Exercise which was dedicated to the NATO CREVAL of the 66th Mech Inf Bde Units assigned as the Very High Readiness Joint Task Force (VTJF) 2021 was completed successfully.
The ANCA-20 ( ANATOLIAN CARACAL 2020) executed with 2306 pax, 628 vehicles in 14 barracks was held under the supervision of NATO observers.”
National Anatolian Phoenix-2020 drill will be held in Konya between 26 October-06 November 2020
The Turkish Armed Forces General Staff announced that the National Anatolian Phoenix-2020 would be held between October 26 and November 06, 2020, at the 3rd Main Jet Base Command in Konya with the participation of national elements. With the drill, it is planned to increase the level of readiness for the task through enhancing the ability to work together.
Through the inclusion of such items below in task scenarios and to keep the level of readiness at the highest level by increasing the interoperability between the participants, the purposes of the drill are;
- Testing and improving the command and control process within the scope of Personnel Rescue (PR) Missions,
- Increasing the training level of Personnel Rescue Task Force elements,
- To improve Survival and Escape & Evasion procedures and to increase the training level of pilots,
- Close Air Support within the scope of Joint and/or Combined Operations,
- Dynamic Targeting,
- Time Sensitive Targeting
- To perform tasks such as Personnel Rescue
The drill will be attended by:
- A search/rescue team, two attack helicopters (ATAK) and a general-purpose helicopter from the Land Forces Command
- A search/rescue team from the Naval Forces Command
- Two F-16s, two helicopters (Cougar), one search/rescue aircraft (CN-235), one airborne warning control aircraft (E-7T), one UAV (ANKA), two search/rescue teams from the Turkish Air Force,
- A search/rescue team, a general-purpose helicopter from Gendarmerie General Command
- A search/rescue team, a general-purpose helicopter from the Special Forces Command