AKKOR: The Active Protection System of ASELSAN, the Radar and Electronic Warfare (EW) Center of Turkey.
AKKOR, equipped with both hard kill and soft kill functionalities as an Electronic Warfare (EW) Self Protection suit, provides complete protection against all kinds of anti-tank missiles and rockets for the armored vehicles with an optimum time and the safest distance range from the platform.
With 360-degree full protection coverage against not only con- ventional but also asymmetric threats in the operational environ- ment of main battle tanks, AKKOR has also the capability to be integrated on various types of armored vehicles.
Hard-kill Capability Components
- Very high resolution Hard-kill Radar
- High speed Hard-kill Launcher
- Smart Hard-kill Munition
Soft-kill Capability Components
- Laser Warning Sub-System
- Multispectral Soft-Kill Munitions
- Soft-Kill Launchers
- EW Computer
- Control Panel and Display Unit
- Full active protection suit having both hard-kill and soft-kill capabilities with integrated functionality.
- 360-degree full protection coverage against threats from all directions.
- Fully operational under severe environmental conditions of main battle tanks such as dust, mud, rain, snow, fog thanks to the fully RF, optics-free hard-kill solution.
- Very fast system reaction against low-range asymmetric threats.
- Fully operational to multiple simultaneous threats.
- Provides protection against all types of laser guided missiles and thermal visioning systems by means of effectively generated multispectral smoke screen.
- Integration capability to multiple vehicle types.
- Low collateral damage by means of the direct-reaction- to-threat feature, provided by very high resolution Hard-Kill Radar and Smart Hard-Kill Munition solution.
- Directly integrated at system level with other ASELSAN Tank sub-systems, in various tank modernization projects.