The ACV AD Platform has an increased power pack performance and an improved suspension capability compared to the ACV-15 and the ACV-19. Thanks to this feature, the vehicle has the capacity to carry greater payloads such as heavy air-defence platforms. The ACV AD Platform also provides ballistic and mine protection.
The configuration of the vehicle can be changed to suit the operational requirements of the user. The ACV AD constitutes an ideal platform for command-and-control, largescale mobile radar systems, artillery fire support, and pedestal mounted artillery and missile systems.
The Platform was selected as an Air Defence System platform by the Turkish Armed Forces under the KORKUT and HISAR projects.
The Turret and Command-and-Control Vehicle configurations designed under the KORKUT Project are fully amphibious and have the capability of propelling themselves in deep and/or fast flowing water.
The Low and Medium Altitude Air Defence Missile System (LAADMIS) designed for the HISAR Project has a 3D Search Radar as well as a Pedestal-Mounted (PM) Autonomous Low Altitude Air Defence Missile System platform. These features make HISAR unique in its weight-class thanks to its capability to perform command-and-control and fire-control missions on the same platform.
- Engine: Diesel
- Transmission: Fully Automatic
- Crew: 3 or 4 (Including Driver)
- Length: 7 m
- Width: 3.9 m
- Height Hull Roof: 2.2 m
- Suspension: Torsion Bar
- Electrical System: 24 V
- APU: 14 kW
- Max. Road Speed: 65 km/h
- Amphibious Capability: Optional
- Fording Capability: in 1 m Depth
- Range: 500 km
- Gradient: 60%
- Side Slope: 30%
- Trench Crossing: 2 m
- Vertical Obstacle: 0,80 m
- NBC System: Positive Pressure Type
- Air Conditioning: Standard
- Heating System: Air Heater and Water Heater
- Automatic Fire Suppression: in Engine and Crew Compartment
- Smoke Grenade Launcher: Standard, 8 ea
- Night Vision Periscope: AN/VVS-2